edelkrone SliderPLUS PRO Medium (17.2")
· Tracking System for Increased Range
· 19.2" Sliding Range when Tripod Mounted
· 9.8" Sliding Range on Flat Surfaces
· 30 lb Load Capacity
· Compact at Only 17.2" Long
· 3/8" Mounting Hole
· 3/8" Tie-Down Screw
· CNC Machined Aluminum Construction
· Steel Ball Bearings
The from uses the same unique tracking mechanism found in the SliderPLUS V2, which allows the rails of the slider to move with the camera when mounted on a tripod. This gives the slider 19.2" of sliding range in a unit that is only 17.2" long. Featuring a stronger structure that the SliderPLUS V2, the PRO Medium can support higher load capacities up to 30 lb pounds, for use with professional camera setups. Its compact size makes it ideal for travel, as it takes of up less room in your camera bag than other sliders with a similar sliding range.
The tracking system works by having two thin bands that are connected to each side of the mounting plate and base plate. When placed on a flat surface, the base plate travels in the opposite direction of the mounting plate. This yields results similar to traditional sliders. To take advantage of the design, the SliderPLUS PRO needs to be mounted to a tripod. When mounted on a tripod, the movement of the base plate is restricted, causing the rails to move through the base plate in the same direction as the mounting plate. This uses the length of the rails twice, doubling the sliding range.
With traditional sliders, you're often limited to the amount of dolly in/out you can do, because the slider itself usually will end up in the shot eventually. With the SliderPLUS PRO, the rails are also retracting backwards with the camera, allowing for longer dolly in/out shots. A lock mechanism can be engaged to keep the slider from moving if the tripod becomes unlevel. When locked, you can safely move your setup around without having to remove your components from the slider.
The slider provides a 3/8" threaded hole at the bottom of the base plate for attaching to tripods, and provides a retractable 3/8" screw for mounting a flat base tripod head to the mounting plate.
· CNC machined aluminum construction
· Steel ball bearings
· Pop-up 3/8" camera mount screw; retracts into mounting plate for storage
· Adjustable feet for use on ground or flat surfaces
Optional Add-On Modules
- Compose curved and parallax
shots anywhere you can place your tripod and slider. The Target Module
introduces responsive motion control technology (RMC). Target will let your
camera lock onto the subject and keep it in the same position inside the frame.
- Create motion time lapse videos using the Craft Module for SliderPLUS, a programmable battery-powered automated slider system.
- Repeat sliding movements with the Wizard Module. The module records your slide, averages the speed, and repeats the same motion. You can also control the speed of your automated slide.