Tilta ES-T17-A Handheld Camera Cage Rig for SONY a7 Series Cameras
· Form-Fitted Armor Cage
· Wooden Hand Grip with ARRI Rosette
· Unobstructed SD Card and Battery Access
· Orientable Top Handle
· Micro-HDMI to HDMI Adapter Cable & Mount
· Quick Release from Rod Support
· 2 x 12" Long 15mm Rods
· EF and PL Mount Adapter Supports
your Sony a7-series camera and improving its hand held ergonomics for shooting are
just two of the many features of the
Once the camera is mounted in the cage, the included HDMI plug protector connects the included micro-HDMI to HDMI cable to the camera's micro-HDMI port and is clamped in place, providing a full-sized HDMI connector. This makes it easier to connect HDMI cables and means you don't have to worry about wearing out or damaging the micro-HDMI port by repeatedly plugging and replugging a micro-HDMI cable into your camera body. The HDMI plug protector clamps the micro-HDMI adapter cable in place and also attaches to the cage itself, acting as a strain relief and providing a platform for the full-sized HDMI connector to attach, so it doesn't just dangle freely.
The cage features an orientable, removable wooden grip for user comfort as well as a removable top handle that features 1/4"-20 accessory mounting points and a cold shoe. The cage also includes a 15mm LWS support rod system, featuring rod clamps, a pair of 300mm threaded rods, and three 1/4"-20 threaded helical coil inserts for attaching the rod support system to a separately available QR/Sliding baseplate, tripod, or other 1/4"-20 mounting equipment.
The cage attaches to the included 15mm LWS support rods via a quick release system that allows you to easily remove the cage from the rods for a minimum-sized shooting package or quickly remount the camera to the rods when working with rod-mounted accessories. The design of the system ensures that the lens' center height to the rods conforms to industry standards for using rod-mounted accessories. The included EF and PL supports work with available Metabones EF and PL mount adapters (must be purchased separately).. The precision-machined, form-fitting cage is made from aluminum alloy, providing a balance between durability and strength as well as numerous threaded 1/4"-20 accessory mounting points.
· The cage includes two removable mounting rails, one for the a7, a7S, and a7R, and the second for the a7 II, a7S II, and a7R II.
· The included wood handgrip features a start/stop-recording trigger and takes a AAA battery (not included). The handgrip mounts to the cage via an ARRI-compatible rosette system that allows you to adjust the angle of the handgrip for your comfort.
· This form-fitting cage features 89 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes, useful for attaching accessories like the included single 15mm rod clamp.
· The top handle features an accessory cold shoe mount, and it can be oriented either facing forward, rear, or to either side. It mounts via a top rail and can be slid on and off from either side. Integrated into the top handle are nine 3/8"-16 and twelve 1/4"-20 threaded accessory mounting holes.
· The 15mm LWS support rod system features three 1/4"-20 helical coil inserts for tripod mounting and an integrated Tilta-compatible dovetail (dovetail plate not included).
· Included lens mount adapter supports are compatible with Metabones EF and PL-to-E-mount adapters.
· Locking levers are of the standard Tilta spring-loaded design.