Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
- 20.1MP 1" High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 16x Zoom Lens
- 25-400mm f/2.8-4 (35mm Equivalent)
Combining a long-reaching zoom with versatile imaging capabilities, the Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II is a well-rounded camera, also characterized by its ergonomic design and intuitive handling. Sporting a large 20.1MP 1" High-Sensitivity MOS sensor, the FZ1000 II is capable of producing high-resolution stills and video with impressively low noise levels and high clarity within the ISO 125-12800 sensitivity range. The sensor and processor also enable shooting continuously at up to 12 fps with single-shot AF, 30 fps at 8MP in 4K PHOTO modes, and UHD 4K video recording at 30p. Additionally, the 4K PHOTO modes allow you to produce stromotion images, which combine sequential exposures into a single frame for a dynamic finished look.
Beyond the imaging, the FZ1000 II is mainly characterized by its physical design and expansive Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 16x zoom lens, which covers a 25-400mm equivalent focal length range, as well as a 5-axis HYBRID Optical Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake. Also notable is the camera's ergonomic design, which resembles an interchangeable lens camera, and incorporates both a 2.36m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder and 3.0" 1.24m-dot free-angle touchscreen LCD. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to wirelessly share imagery or remotely control the camera from a linked smartphone or tablet.
20.1MP 1" High-Sensitivity MOS Sensor
Leica DC Vario-Elmarit 16x Zoom Lens
Benefitting the long reach of the lens is a 5-axis HYBRID Optical Image Stabilizer that compensates for a variety of camera movements for sharper handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. This image stabilization system also enables a unique Level Shot function that automatically detects the horizontal line of the recording image and keeps it level during shooting, regardless of camera tilt, helping to achieve greater shooting stability.
4K Video and 4K PHOTO Modes
Besides video, the 4K capabilities also permit recording 8MP stills at 30 fps in a trio of ways:
- 4K Burst: Just as with video recording, this mode will allow you to continuously record 8MP images at 30 fps for up to 15 minutes, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- 4K Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record 8MP images at 30 fps one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- 4K Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the 4K video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
An Auto Marking function makes it easy to sift through the hundreds of frames captured with 4K PHOTO modes, and lets you jump to the nearest frame where differences are more pronounced between consecutive frames in order to minimize the time spent reviewing images.
Additionally, Sequence Composition mode can be used to synthesize sequentially recorded images taken with 4K PHOTO modes and composite them into a single dynamic image (a stromotion) that clearly shows subject movement while retaining a single static background.
Post Focus and Focus Stacking
This technology also allows for producing focus stacked images in-camera to realize a greater depth of field, especially when photographing close-up subjects. In this mode, images are recorded and saved with varying points of focus and then blended together to gain an extended depth of field.
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- A Live View Finder (LVF) is integrated into the body design to permit comfortable eye-level monitoring. This 0.39", 0.74x-magnification electronic viewfinder has a 2.36m-dot resolution and covers 100% of the image frame while shooting.
- Alternatively, a rear 3.0" 1.24m-dot touchscreen LCD monitor is also available for live view shooting, image review, and intuitive menu navigation. The screen features a free-angle design that flips out 180° to the side and then tilts 270° to permit working from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- A host of manual controls offer simple, direct control over a variety of oft-used camera settings, including 13 assignable Fn buttons.
- The included rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides you with 440 shots per charge when working with the rear LCD, 290 shots per charge with the electronic viewfinder, or 430 shots per charge when working with the electronic viewfinder in the eco 30-fps setting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth allow you to wirelessly share photos and movies to linked smartphones and tablets for direct sharing online. This connectivity also allows you to remotely control the camera from a mobile device.
|Optical Zoom||Optical: 16x|
|Sensor Type||1" MOS|
|Display Size||3.0" LCD Rear Touchscreen Swivel (1,240,000 Pixels)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 125 to 12800 (Extended Mode:80 to 25600)|
|Memory Card Type||SD / SDHC / SDXC|
|Battery||1 x Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1200 mAh|
|Warranty||1 Year Service & Sparepart|