Arri Alexa Mini LF Camera (Body Only)
Product Highlights :
- Large-Format 4448 x 3096 Sensor
- Native 4K Recording in ARRIRAW & ProRes
- Open Gate, 16:9 & 2.39:1 Anamorphic Mode
- Native 800 ASA, 14+ Stops Dynamic Range
- Array of ARRIRAW & ProRes Capture Modes
- Same Wireless Features as ALEXA SXT W
- Works with Existing ALEXA Components
- Internal FSND 0.6, 1.2 & 1.8
Built around a large-format 4K version of the original ALEXA sensor, the ARRI ALEXA Mini LF camera offers native 4K recording in three sensor modes, with ARRIRAW or ProRes recording in LF Open Gate, LF 16:9, or LF 2.39:1 modes. The ALEXA Mini LF combines large-format resolution with an optimal pixel size for excellent image quality producing vivid, nuanced images with natural skin tones and smooth bokeh. The ALEXA Mini LF is designed for use with ARRI's LPL lens mount, available separately, which has been optimized for large-format capture and is compatible with all PL-mount lenses with the use of a separately available PL-to-LPL adapter. A wider diameter and shorter flange focal depth than the original ARRI PL mount enable LPL-mount lenses to be smaller and lighter than earlier large-format optics.
The ALEXA Mini LF is a hybrid of the
ALEXA Mini and the ALEXA LF, as it retains the same LF sensor but has
the form factor of the Mini. The new exterior has a left-side media bay
with two rows of connectors on the back and a slot to insert 1TB Codex
media. It also features six user buttons, three more than the Mini, to
configure to your preference. It also features extra 12 and 24V power
outputs and a black burst/tri-level input. The audio input connector is
now 6-pin, so it doesn't conflict with the 5-pin timecode port.
The Mini LF offers an array of recording format choices in MXF ARRIRAW and MXF ProRes, recording to 1TB Codex capture drives. With a base sensitivity of EI 800, 16-bit processing, and a dynamic range of 14-plus stops, your footage is effectively future-proofed for compatibility with HDR displays. Frame rates up to 90 fps produce smooth slow motion and enable capture for higher-clarity HFR (High Frame Rate) projects.
The wireless connectivity of the ALEXA SXT W is built into the ALEXA Mini LF, providing Wi-Fi and compatibility with ARRI ECS lens/camera control systems. An internal Large-Format Full-Spectrum Neutral Density (LF FSND) filter system features 0.6, 1.2, and 1.8 filters. Additional ALEXA Mini LF features include compatibility with existing ARRI Look files and workflow, clip playback in both MXF ARRIRAW or MXF ProRes, and 2-channel, 6-pin XLR audio input.
- Large Full-Frame Sensor with Three Operating Modes
- Like the entire ALEXA line, the ALEXA Mini LF combines high resolution with an optimal pixel size for excellent image quality. The ALEXA LF offers a choice of recording in 4448 x 3096 Open Gate, 3840 x 2160 16:9, and 4448 x 1856 2.39:1 anamorphic.
- Native 4K Recording with ALEXA Image Quality
- The ALEXA Mini LF records vivid, nuanced images with natural-looking skin tones in native 4K. Its colorimetry is compatible with HDR (High Dynamic Range) and WCG (Wide Color Gamut) workflows, providing a subtle, immersive look.
- Array of Recording Choices
- Recording rates (using Codex capture drives) range from 40 fps MXF ARRIRAW to 40 fps MXF ProRes 4444 XQ in LF Open Gate, 90 fps MXF ARRIRAW to 60 fps MXF ProRes 4444 XQ in LF 16:9, and 60 fps MXF ARRIRAW to 60 fps MXF ProRes 4444 XQ in LF 2.39:1 anamorphic. MXF ARRIRAW and MXF ProRes 444 XQ/4444/422 HQ/422 options are available in all three sensor modes.
- Wide Exposure Latitude
- A base sensitivity of ASA 800, reduced noise, and a dynamic range of 14+ dovetails with HDR workflows.
- New LPL Lens Mount
- The LPL lens mount, designed specifically for large-format sensors, is available separately. With its wider diameter and shorter flange focal depth than the original ARRI PL mount, LPL-mount lenses can be designed smaller and lighter than earlier large-format optics.
- ARRI Signature Primes
- ARRI now offers a range of 16 large-format, LPL-mount Signature Prime lenses, ranging from 12 to 280mm. These separately available lenses display natural skin tones, smooth bokeh, and an organically pleasing look. The Signature Primes feature ARRI's quick and comprehensive LDS-2 lens metadata system and are constructed with machined magnesium for durability and lighter weights.
- Compatible with PL Lenses, ALEXA Accessories, and Workflow Tools
- The ALEXA Mini LF camera works with existing ALEXA-compatible lenses, accessories, and workflows. Use your favorite existing ARRI Look files and software tools with the ALEXA Mini LF. A separately available PL-to-LPL mount adapter attaches to any PL-mount lens, both Super 35 or full-frame. The ALEXA Mini LF transmits data from LDS-2, LDS-1, or /i (Cooke) lens data systems.
- Same Wireless Connectivity as the ALEXA SXT W
- The ALEXA Mini LF features the same integrated Wi-Fi and wireless video transmitter as the ALEXA SXT W, providing quick compatibility with the included WVR-1 wireless video receiver, as well as ARRI's various ECS (electronic lens/camera control system) components. This built-in wireless system saves build time on set, reduces cable mess, and saves weight on your camera rig.
- Image Processing
Internal: 16-bit linear processing in full ALEXA Wide Gamut/Log C color space
Target Output: Log C, Rec 709, or Rec 2 color spaces
Supports ARRI Look File (ALF-2) with CDL values and a 3D LUT
3D LUTs available for SDR, HDR PQ, and HDR HLG
- Internal ND Filter
- Built-in Large-Format Full-Spectrum Neutral Density (LF FSND) filters can be changed between ND 0.6, 1.2, and 1.8.
- Play back your MXF ARRIRAW or MXF ProRes clips from the ALEXA Mini LF.