Sigma For Canon 70mm f/2.8 DG Macro Art
· EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
· Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
· Two FLD Elements, Two SLD Elements
· Low Dispersion and Aspherical Elements
· Super Multi-Layer Coating
· 1:1 Magnification, 10.2" Min. Focus
· Coreless DC AF Motor, Manual Override
· Weather-Sealed, Brass Bayonet Mount
· Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
· Compatible with Sigma USB Dock
Optimized for notable image clarity at close working distances, the Canon EF-mount from is a true 1:1, life-size macro lens well-suited for close-up and macro subjects. As a member of the esteemed Art series of lenses, this short-telephoto prime is also distinguished by its sophisticated optical design that makes use of two FLD elements, two SLD elements, one anomalous partial dispersion/high refractive index element, and two aspherical elements to limit both chromatic and spherical aberrations for high clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy. A Super Multi-Layer Coating also enhances image quality by suppressing lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Benefitting the imaging assets is a coreless DC motor that offers quick and accurate autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. The physical design utilizes Thermally Stable Composite material for durability in a wide range of environments, and a brass bayonet mount also offers rigidity and mounting precision.
· As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
· Short-telephoto prime, this lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 112mm equivalent focal length.
· Two F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements, two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements, and one anomalous partial dispersion/high refractive index element are featured in the optical design, and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
· Two aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
True macro design affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a 10.2" minimum focusing distance to suit working with close-up subjects.
A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
Coreless DC motor is used for quick and accurate autofocus performance. Additionally, an updated focusing algorithm, full-time manual focus override, large angle of rotation, and focus-by-wire system enable increased and controllable focus adjustment.
The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
Compatible with optional EM-140 DG Macro Ring Flash when used in conjunction with the separate 65mm Macro Flash Adapter for even lighting as close working distances.
Compatible with optional TC-1401 and TC-2001 Teleconverters to extend the effective focal length of the lens while retaining autofocus functionality.
This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
|Warranty||1 Year Service and Spareparts|