Canon EOS 1D X Mark III
20.1MP Full-Frame Sensor and DIGIC X Image Processor
EOS iTR AF X Autofocus and Dual Pixel CMOS AF
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that features 3869 manually selectable autofocus points, with 525 automatic positions. This focusing system offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. Dual Pixel CMOS AF integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
DCI 4K and 5.5K Raw Video
Both All-I and IPB compression options are available, along with the ability to autofocus when shooting at up to 5.5K raw at 30 fps or cropped DCI 4K at 60 fps. When using the full-frame area, 4K autofocus is limited to 30 fps. Also, Movie Digital IS, peaking, and a focus guide can be used to further complement making stable and sharp recordings.
- - Enhanced optical pentaprism viewfinder works in conjunction with an updated mirror drive mechanism for reduced blackout.
- - Rear 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD has a touchscreen design for intuitive control over playback and menu navigation.
- - Dual CFexpress memory card slots cater to the fast-continuous shooting rates and high-resolution video recording and also offer a flexible means for storing and sorting file types.
- - Smart Controller on the rear of the body is a touch-sensitive button for quick and intuitive focus point selection while shooting. LP-E19 rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers improved performance compared to previous generation 1D cameras.
- - Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS offer flexible wireless control and geotagging capabilities, along with the ability to apply IPTC tags to files.
- - For physical, wired connectivity, there are integrated USB Type-C, mini HDMI, headphone, microphone, N3 remote, and Ethernet ports. Compatible with optional WFT-E9A Wireless File Transmitter for faster file transferring over wireless LANs.
- - Magnesium alloy body design is dust- and weather-resistant for working in inclement conditions.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Camera Format||Full-Frame (1x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 21.4 Megapixel|
Effective: 20.1 Megapixel
|Maximum Resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Sensor Size||36 x 24 mm|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw, HEIF|
|Image Stabilization||Digital (Video Only)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 102400 (Extended: 50 to 819200)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter|
1/8000 to 30 Seconds
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Partial, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 20 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 1000 Exposures (Raw)|
Up to 16 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 1000 Exposures (Raw)
5.5K (5472 x 2886) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [1800 to 2600 Mb/s]
MP4/H.265 4:2:2 10-Bit
DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [170 to 1000 Mb/s]
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [170 to 1000 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p [18 to 470 Mb/s]
MP4/H.264 4:2:0 8-Bit
DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [120 to 940 Mb/s]
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [120 to 940 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p [12 to 360 Mb/s]
|Recording Limit||Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)|
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
|Audio File Format||AAC, Linear PCM (Stereo)|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Viewfinder Type||Optical (Pentaprism)|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||20 mm|
|Monitor Resolution||2,100,000 Dot|
|Monitor Type||Fixed Touchscreen LCD|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/250 Second|
|Dedicated Flash System||eTTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe, PC Terminal|
|Memory Card Slot||Dual Slot: CFexpress Type B (CFexpress 1.0)|
|Connectivity||USB Type-C (USB 3.1), HDMI C (Mini), Canon N3, 3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone, PC Sync Socket, RJ45|
|Battery||1 x LP-E19 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 11.1 VDC, 2750 mAh (Approx. 2850 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||6.22 x 6.6 x 3.25" / 158 x 167.6 x 82.6 mm|
|Weight||2.75 lb / 1250 g (Body Only)|
3.17 lb / 1440 g (Body with Battery and Memory)