Canon EOS 90D Kit 18-135mm is USM
32.5MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
45-Point All Cross-Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that features 5481 selectable autofocus points. This focusing system offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. Dual Pixel CMOS AF integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Touchscreen 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to permit working from high and low angles and the touchscreen design facilitates intuitive control over menu navigation and touch-to-focus operation.
- The pentaprism type optical viewfinder offers 100% frame coverage for high compositional accuracy when shooting at eye-level. Additionally, further aiding shooting with the viewfinder, AF points and mode, compositional grids, a horizontal electronic level, and other assistive features can be displayed during use.
- Included LP-E6N battery provides approximately 1300 shots per charge.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device and Bluetooth connectivity permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities when using the Canon Camera Connect app. This app also enables a mobile raw-editing workflow for greater post-production freedom.
Other Camera Features
- In-camera 4K time-lapses can be produced, along with 4K frame grabs for effectively shooting 8MP stills at up to 30 fps.
- A revised 220000-pixel AE metering sensor benefits both autofocus and exposure metering precision and enables Color Tracking for more accurately detecting skin colors.
- EOS iTR autofocus provides face detection for refined focus control when shooting portraits.
- Electronic shutter function permits working with shutter speeds up to 1/16000 of a second.
Lens Mount Canon EF-S Camera Format APS-C (1.6x Crop Factor) Pixels Actual: 34.4 Megapixel
Effective: 32.5 Megapixel
Maximum Resolution 6960 x 4640 Aspect Ratio 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9 Sensor Type 22.3 x 14.8 mm CMOS Image File Format JPEG, RAW Bit Depth 14-Bit Image Stabilization Digital (Video Only) ISO Sensitivity Auto, 100 to 25600 (Extended: 100 to 51200) Shutter Speed Mechanical Shutter
1/8000 to 30 Second
1/16000 to 30 Second
Metering Method Center-Weighted Average, Evaluative, Partial, Spot Exposure Modes Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority White Balance Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (White), Shade, Tungsten Continuous Shooting Up to 10 fps at 32.5 MP for up to 25 Exposures (Raw)
Up to 10 fps at 32.5 MP for up to 58 Exposures (JPEG)
Up to 11 fps at 32.5 MP
Up to 7 fps at 32.5 MP
Interval Recording Yes Mirror Lock-Up Yes Recording Modes MP4/H.264
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 25p/29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p
HD (1280 x 720) at 50p/59.94p
External Recording Modes 4:2:2 8-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 25p/29.97p
Recording Limit Up to 29 Minutes, 59 Seconds Video Encoding NTSC Audio Recording Built-In Microphone (Stereo)
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
Audio File Format AAC Focus Type Auto and Manual Focus Focus Mode Continuous-Servo AF (C), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S) Viewfinder Type Optical (Pentaprism) Viewfinder Eye Point 22 mm Viewfinder Coverage 100% Viewfinder Magnification Approx. 0.95x Monitor Size 3" Monitor Resolution 1,040,000 Dot Monitor Type Articulating Touchscreen LCD Built-In Flash Yes Flash Modes Auto, Manual Guide Number 39.37' / 12 m at ISO 100 Maximum Sync Speed 1/250 Second Dedicated Flash System eTTL External Flash Connection Hot Shoe Memory Card Slot Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II) Connectivity 3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), Micro-B (USB 2.0) Wireless Bluetooth
Battery 1 x LP-E6N Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1865 mAh (Approx. 1300 Shots) Dimensions (W x H x D) 5.54 x 4.13 x 3.02" / 140.7 x 104.8 x 76.8 mm Weight 1.54 lb / 701 g (Body Only) Package Weight 3.3 lb / 11 x 9 x 4.8"
|Input / Output||3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone, HDMI C (Mini), Micro-B (USB 2.0)|
|Sensor Type||22.3 x 14.8 mm CMOS|
|Display Size||3" Articulating Touchscreen LCD|
|Memory Card Type||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)|