Canon EOS R50 Mirrorless Camera with 18-45mm and 55-210mm Lenses
Canon R50 Overview
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC X Image Processor
- UHD 4K 30p Video Recording
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF II with 651 Points
- 2.36m-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.62m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- 15 fps Electronic Shutter
- Multi-Function Shoe, UVC Livestreaming
- RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens
- RF-S 55-210mm f/5-7.1 IS STM Lens
Bundling a sophisticated camera body with two versatile lenses, the Canon EOS R50 Mirrorless Camera with 18-45mm and 55-210mm Lenses pairs the black multimedia mirrorless camera with the RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM standard zoom lens and the RF-S 55-210mm f/5-7.1 IS STM telephoto zoom lens.
A compact and lightweight camera, the black Canon EOS R50 is a highly versatile mirrorless camera with a sophisticated photo and video feature set. Geared towards content creators and vloggers, this camera is slightly smaller and lighter than the EOS M50 Mark II and features an upgraded 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC X image processor to deliver high-resolution stills and UHD 4K videos.
- Wired and wireless connectivity options allow for multiple methods of transferring photos and videos, livestreaming, as well as for remotely controlling the camera. Physically, the camera features a USB-C port, a micro-HDMI port, and a microphone port for video recording.
- UVC/UAC compatibility allows the R50 camera to be used as a web camera to stream live video in Full HD without additional computer software. Compatible applications include Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, and similar on-line web conferencing software.
- Built-in Bluetooth pairing lets you easily connect the camera to compatible smart devices using the free Canon Camera Connect app. This low-energy wireless connection helps preserve battery life, while providing remote control of the camera. It also sends continuously updated GPS location data from your phone, letting you geotag what you've captured so you know precisely where you captured the photo.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables quick and seamless wireless functions, such as remote live view, file viewing, and transfer. Using the Canon Camera Connect app, you can also transfer files to your mobile device to browse and share on social media.
- Built-in USB-C allows you to connect the camera to a smartphone or computer. All Canon Camera Connect app features that can be used with Wi-Fi are now available when the camera and smartphone are connected via USB, using a compatible cable for your device.
A versatile zoom range in a compact package is the promise of the Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens. Made specifically for Canon's APS-C-format R Series mirrorless line, it delivers a wide-angle to short telephoto equivalent zoom range of 29-72mm. Plus, a retractable design makes it ideal for everyday carry where you want to stuff the camera in a bag.
Canon has taken care with the optical design, using two aspherical elements and the Super Spectra Coating to minimize aberrations and reduce ghosting and flare. An Optical Image Stabilizer will help ensure sharp imagery, providing up to 4 stops of shake correction or up to 6 stops of Coordinated IS with a compatible camera body. Additionally, the lead screw-type STM AF system is fast enough to keep up with speedy continuous focus while being smooth and quiet enough to work for video.
Offering a versatile zoom range in a lightweight and portable design, the Canon RF-S 55-210mm f/5-7.1 IS STM Lens is well-suited for sports and wildlife applications. Providing an 88-336mm equivalent focal length range, this sleek telephoto zoom lens is designed for APS-C-format EOS R-series mirrorless cameras. The lens also offers a minimum focusing distance of 2.3' for working with close-up subjects. Complementing the optical design and telephoto reach, an Optical Image Stabilizer compensates for up to 4.5 stops of camera shake to benefit handheld shooting with slower shutter speeds. Additionally, an STM stepping motor is also featured, which produces fast, smooth, and near-silent autofocus performance to support both stills and video recording applications.
- Telephoto zoom lens for RF-mount APS-C format mirrorless cameras provides an 88-336mm equivalent focal length range.
- Optical Image Stabilizer technology compensates for up to 4.5 stops of camera shake to better enable taking sharp handheld photos in difficult lighting conditions. When paired with EOS R-series cameras featuring an In-Body Image Stabilizer (IBIS), up to 7 stops of shake correction are provided.
- STM stepping motor offers fast, quiet, smooth, and accurate autofocus performance that is ideal for video recording as well as still shooting.
- Two Ultra-Low Dispersion elements and a Super Spectra Coating minimize ghosting and flare.
- Minimum focusing distance of 28.7" for working with close-up subjects.
- Compact and lightweight lens weighs just 9.5 oz.
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|ISO Sensitivity||Photo/Video 100 to 32,000 (Extended: 51,200)|
|Memory Card Type||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC|
|Battery||1 x LP-E17 Rechargeable Lithium Polymer, 7.2 VDC, 1040 mAh|