Nikon is pleased to announce the new AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED lens with built-in Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for Nikon DX-format digitalSLR cameras. Compact and lightweight, this ultra wide-angle 2.4x zoom DX NIKKOR features a focal length range of 10 to 24mm, whose picture angle of 109°-61° is equivalent to a focal length of 15 to 36mm in FX- and 35mm format cameras. This lens is suitable for diverse scenes from restrictive interiors, architecture and panoramic landscapes to a creatively exaggerated perspective. The newly developed optical system features two ED glass and three aspherical lens elements for truly outstanding optical quality, producing stunning images.
The Silent Wave Motor (SWM) incorporated in the lens body offers fast, smooth and nearly silent AF operation, providing photographers with outstanding handling performance. The AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED, with its ultra wide-angle perspective and superior image quality, gives users of Nikon DX-format digital SLRs - including the D300, D90, D60, D40 and the new D5000 - more opportunities for creative photographic expression.
Nikkor 10-24mm lens features
- DX-format, ultra wide-angle 2.4x zoom lens with focal length ranging from 10 to 24mm (picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 15 to 36mm in FX- and 35mm formats)
- Newly developed optical system features two ED glass and three aspherical lens elements
- Superior reproduction capability, with the distortion that is common with ultra wide-angle lenses dramatically reduced
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures smooth, quiet AF operation
- Two focus modes available - M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus)
- Seven-blade rounded diaphragm for natural blur effects
- Internal focusing (IF) system means the lens barrel length does not change during focusing
- Focal length : 10-24mm
- Maximum aperture : f/3.5-4.5
- Minimum aperture : f/22-29
- Lens construction : 14 elements in 9 groups (two ED glass and three aspherical lens elements)
- Picture angle : 109°-61°
- Closest focusing distance : 0.24 m/0.8 ft. in AF mode, 0.22 m/0.7 ft. in MF mode
- No. of diaphragm blades : 7 (rounded)
- Filter/attachment size : 77mm
- Diameter x length (extension from lens mount) : Approximately 82.5 x 87 mm/3.25 x 3.43 in.
- Weight : Approximately 460 g/16.2 oz.
- Supplied accessories : 77mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77, Rear Lens Cap LF-1, Bayonet Hood HB-23, Flexible Lens Pouch CL-1118