Atomos Ninja V 5 inch 4K HDMI Recording Monitor
- 1920 x 1200 Touchscreen Display
- 10-Bit Exterior Viewable Monitor
- 4K HDMI Input
- 1000 cd/m² Brightness
- AtomHDR Mode with 10-Stop Dynamic Range
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 ProRes & DNxHR Encoding
- Records to Mini SSDs
- Supports a Variety of Log Formats
- Single Sony L-Series Battery Slot
The Atomos Ninja V 5" 4K HDMI Recording Monitor is a 5" on-camera monitor/recorder that records and plays back DCI 4K, UHD 4K, and HD video from purpose-built mini-SSDs. It features a 10-bit FRC IPS screen with a brightness of 1000 cd/m², which makes it suitable for use in both exterior and interior conditions. The AtomHDR display technology allows you to accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. The monitor supports popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras. The settings only affect viewing, with recorded video remaining unaltered.
Built to withstand the rigors of production, the Ninja V features an aluminum chassis and powers from a single L-series battery. Additional features include a variety of onscreen exposure analysis, framing, and focus assist tools, as well as anamorphic de-squeeze. A power supply and SSD Caddy are included with the unit.
- With AtomHDR you can monitor up to ten stops of dynamic range of your camera's LOG image. Most conventional monitors can only display six or seven stops, which is fine for standard footage; but a Log image will look overly flat. It is also superior to monitoring with a loaded LUT, which can clip the highlights and mask shadows.
- Supported Log Formats
- ARRI Log C
- Canon CLog / CLog 2
- Fuji F-Log
- JVC JLog
- Sony SLog2 / SLog3
- Panasonic Vlog
- RED LogFilm
- HDR Recording
- ARRI Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 / LogCEI250 / LogCEI320/ LogCEI400 / LogCEI500 / LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 / LogCEI1000 / LogCEI1280 / LogCEI1600
- Canon CLog / CLog2 / Clog3
- Fuji F-Log
- JVC JLog1
- Panasonic Vlog
- PQ10k, HLG
- RED LogFilm / Log3G10 / Log3G12
- Sony SLog / SLog2 / SLog3
- HDR Monitoring
- ARRI ALEXA Wide Gamut
- Canon Cinema / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / BT2020
- Fuji F-Log
- JVC LS300
- Panasonic V Gamut
- Rec. 2100
- Rec. 709
- RED DragonColor / DragonColor2 / RedColor2 / RedColor3 / RedColor4 / RedWideGamut
- Sony SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / BT2020
- Wide Color Gamut (SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / BT2020 / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / Panasonic V Gamut / ARRI ALEXA Wide Gamut) mapping to Rec. 709 on screen
- Wide Color Gamut (SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / BT2020 / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / Panasonic V Gamut / ARRI ALEXA Wide Gamut) mapping to Rec. 709 / BT2020 / DCI P3 on loop out
- 4K 60p Capabilities
- Record high-resolution 4K footage in DCI or UHD formats up to 60 fps, including 24 and 25 fps for a more film-like aesthetic. All recordings are stored as high-quality Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR files with 10-bit 4:2:2 chroma subsampling. A variety of bit rates are available to fit your project and storage needs.
- Audio I/O
- Audio can be input and output via the multi-pin locking connector. Separately available breakout cables can provide XLR audio input with 48V phantom power and output. A 3.5mm headphone jack on the side can be used for convenient audio monitoring.
- 5" Daylight Viewable Screen
- The Ninja V features a 5" IPS LCD screen that is illuminated by a bright 1000 cd/m² LED backlight, making it possible to view in daylight without requiring a hood. Plus, the screen is also color calibrated from the factory to ensure accurate image representation.
- HDR Signal Management
- Log and HDR signals can be difficult to monitor with conventional equipment. Though, with the Ninja V's built-in HDR signal management functions, the log signal can be converted to the PQ standard for compatibility with existing consumer and professional HDR equipment.
- Anamorphic De-Squeeze
- The Ninja V supports Anamorphic de-squeeze, allowing you to comfortably view anamorphic footage with a squeeze of 2x, 1.5x, 1.33, and Panasonic's 8:3.
- Edit-Ready Recording
- Incoming video signals can be recorded in a wide range of Apple ProRes and Avid DNx codecs which maintain high quality while not requiring the storage space of uncompressed video. Both ProRes and DNx are edit-friendly, requiring no conversion in post-production to ensure smooth playback and compatibility with most common video editing software.
- Expansion Modules
- The Ninja V features a bidirectional high-speed video port along with power and audio which allows future expansion modules to increase the Ninja V's capabilities.
Display Type 5" Resolution 1920 x 1200
Video Aspect Ratio Native: 16:9 Brightness 1000 cd/m² Bit Depth 10-bit LUT Support 3D LUT (.cube file format) Interface Inputs 1 x HDMI type A, v2.0
1 x 2.5 mm, LANC
1 x 10-pin LEMO, analog audio (also serves as output)
Outputs 1 x HDMI type A, v2.0
1 x 3.5 mm, headphone
1 x 10-pin LEMO, analog audio (also serves as input)
Supported Video Format Supported Signal Input: 8/10-bit 4:2:2 (dependent on video source)
Output: 8/10-bit 4:2:2 (dependent on video source)
Input/Output Resolutions HDMI:
4096 x 2160: 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98
3840 x 2160: 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98
Pulldown Conversion 24/25/30PsF to 24/25/30p (2:2 pulldown)
60i to 24p (3:2 pulldown)
Supported Codecs Apple ProRes: HQ, 422, LT
Avid DNxHR: HQX, HQ, SQ, LB
Supported Audio Formats
|Warranty||1 Year Service & Spareparts|