Lomography Petzval for Canon 58mm f/1.9 Bokeh Control Art Lens
· EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
· Aperture Range: f/1.9 to f/16
· Russian Glass Optics
· Manual Geared Rack Focusing
· Unique Swirly Bokeh; Bokeh Control Ring
· Based on Classic Petzval Lens from 1840
· Brass Outer Construction
· Set of 7 Waterhouse Stops
· Includes Book and Leather Pouch
Utilizing a classic optical design to produce a distinctly contemporary image quality, the is characterized by its immensely swirly bokeh, strong field curvature, and sharp central focus. Designed for Canon EF-mount cameras, this lens simulates the look of the first Petzval lens from 1840, yet updated for use with current 35mm film and DSLR cameras. Emphasizing the swirly bokeh quality of this lens design, this 58mm version incorporates a unique Bokeh Control Ring on-top of the lens to adjust the bokeh intensity within a 1-7 Level range. Russian glass is used to deliver a high degree of sharpness and color accuracy and a simple, manual geared rack focus system permits working with subjects as close as 2' away. Aperture settings are controlled using seven different Waterhouse stops, ranging from f/1.9 to f/16, and the bright f/1.9 maximum aperture is especially well-suited to shallow depth of field effects and working in low-light conditions. A special effects lens well-suited to portraiture and artistic imagery, Lomo's second Petzval lens increases the amount of control over bokeh while retaining the celebrated classic look.
· Contemporary iteration of the classic Petzval lens from 1840, this lens produces a distinctive swirly bokeh with a high degree of central sharpness, contrast, and color saturation.
· A slightly longer-than-normal-length lens, this Canon EF-mount version is compatible with full-frame sensors and 35mm film, as well as APS-C sensors where it will provide a 92.8mm equivalent focal length.
· Bright f/1.9 maximum aperture affords a great deal of control over depth of field for selective focus shooting and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
· A unique Bokeh Control Ring is located on the top of the lens, and permits adjustment over the quality and intensity of the swirl of the bokeh in the image. Adjustments can be made between Levels 1-7, with 7 producing the most dramatic and surreal swirliness.
· Seven drop-in style Waterhouse stops, ranging from f/1.9 to f/16, are included for aperture and depth of field control, and are inserted into the middle of the lens prior to making an exposure.
· Constructed from Russian glass, this lens' optical design maintains its classical appearance with notable field curvature, inherently shallow depth of field, and vignetting towards the edges of the frame, while providing a high degree of sharpness and contrast for use with modern DSLRs and film types.
· Brass outer design resembles the classic appearance of the first Petzval lens.
· Manual geared rack focus control allows you to focus as closely as 2' away.
· In addition to the lens and seven Waterhouse stops, a Petzval book and leather pouch are also included.