Sony Cyber-shot RX100 Mark VII
20.1MP 1" Exmor RS CMOS Sensor & BIONZ X Image Processor
This sensor is paired with a revised BIONZ X image processor and front-end LSI, which dramatically improve the speed and throughput of the entire imaging system, enabling blackout-free continuous shooting at up to 20 fps with continuous AF/AE calculations being performed at 60 times per second. The Single Burst Shooting function also permits recording up to seven frames, in raw or JPEG, at 90 fps, 60 fps, or 30 fps for capturing the fastest of moments. The front-end LSI and enhanced sensor performance also improve overall image quality, especially at higher sensitivities, by reducing noise and offering higher perceived resolution and color definition.
ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-200mm Lens
The flexible reach is complemented by four stop-effective Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake to suit handheld shooting in low-light conditions. Additionally, Clear Image Zoom can also be used to further extend the effective reach of the zoom with nearly no image degradation.
Fast Hybrid AF System with 315 Phase-Detection Points
UHD 4K Video Recording
Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the RX100 VII allows users to adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Also, users can use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high-end Sony Cinema cameras that squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional REC709, for increased post-production flexibility. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot tilting LCD features a touchscreen design for intuitive operation, including the ability for working with Touch Focus, Touch Pad AF, and Touch Shutter functions. The screen's tilting design, which goes from 180° upward to 90° downward, also suits photographing from high, low, and front-facing angles.
- One-push pop-up XGA OLED electronic viewfinder offers a resolution of 2.36m dots and 0.59x magnification for crisp, clear viewing. The EVF also uses a ZEISS T* coating, to ensure clarity from corner to corner, and has a one-push access design for more convenient switching between the LCD and EVF.
- Integrated 3.5mm external microphone port supports improved audio recording quality.
- A manual control ring surrounds the lens and features a smooth, click-less design for quick and quiet changing of settings. The ring can be assigned to control a variety of features, at different values, including zoom and aperture.
- Custom button and other programmable button can be set to one of over 40 functions for quick access to commonly used settings.
- Pop-up flash will help illuminate subjects in dimly lit scenes.
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables instant transferring of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices, with no complex set-up required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and, using Smart Remote Control, remotely control the camera's shutter release. Additionally, connection to a smartphone using a QR code is also possible.
- Bluetooth connectivity, via the PlayMemories Mobile app, also allows you to embed location information into both stills and movie files for geotagging.
Other Camera Features
- Anti-Distortion electronic shutter can enable completely silent shooting as well as the ability to work at shutter speeds as fast as 1/32000 second. This shutter also keeps rolling shutter effects to an absolute minimum and enables photographers to work in bright light with wider apertures.
- The Fn menu can be accessed and edited immediately after continuous shooting, while data writing is still in progress.
- File name setting allows users to change the first three characters of the file name from DSC to three characters of their choice. Additionally, images shot in continuous mode can also be displayed, reviewed, and deleted in the groups they were shot for faster operation.
- Step Zoom lets you quickly change between five common focal lengths (24, 28, 35, 50, or 70mm) by rotating the control ring.
- Users can set a minimum shutter speed when using ISO AUTO to help minimize shutter blur.
- Creative Style settings: Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, and Style Box.
- Picture Effect modes: Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-Key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, and Illustration.
- Picture Profile parameters: Black Level, Gamma (Movie, Still, Cine1-2, ITU709, ITU709 [800%], S-Log2, S-Log3, HLG, HLG1, HLG2, HLG3), Black Gamma, Knee, Color Mode, Saturation, Color Depth, Color Phase, Detail, Copy and Reset.
|Maximum Resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Image File Format||JPEG, RAW|
|Image Stabilization||Digital, Optical|
|Focal Length||9 to 72mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 200mm)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/2.8 to 4.5|
|Optical Design||15 Elements in 12 Groups|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 12800 (Extended: 64 to 25600)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter|
1/2000 to 30 Second
1/2000 to 4 Second in Auto Mode
1/32000 to 30 Second
1/32000 to 4 Second in Auto Mode
|Metering Method||Average, Center-Weighted Average, Multi, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 20 fps at 20.1 MP|
Up to 90 fps at 20.1 MP for up to 7 Exposures
|Recording Modes||MP4/XAVC S|
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p [60 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/120p [16 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50i/59.94i [17 to 24 Mb/s]
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo), External Microphone Input (Stereo)|
|Audio File Format||AC3, Linear PCM (Stereo)|
|Viewfinder Type||Electronic (OLED)|
|Viewfinder Resolution||2,359,296 Dot|
|Monitor Resolution||921,600 Dot|
|Monitor Type||Tilting Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Flash On, Off, Rear Sync, Slow Sync|
|Effective Flash Range||ISO Auto|
1.31 to 19.36' / 0.4 to 5.9 m (Wide)
3.28 to 10.17' / 1 to 3.1 m (Telephoto)
|Memory Card Slot||1 x SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick Duo/Memory Stick PRO HG-Duo/Memory Stick Pro Duo|
|Connectivity||3.5mm Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), USB 2.0 Micro-B|
|Wireless||Bluetooth & Wi-Fi|
|Battery||1 x NP-BX1 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 3.6 VDC, 1240 mAh (Approx. 240 Shots)|
|Pixel||20.1 Megapixel 5472 x 3648|
|Sensor Type||CMOS 1"|
|Warranty||1 Year Service & Sparepart|